Beckstoffer Georges III Vineyards Rutherford: achieving wide acclaim in the 1960’s and 70’s
This 300-acre parcel, located in Rutherford, was first purchased by Beaulieu founder Georges de Latour in 1928 and called Beaulieu Vineyard Number 3. It was home to BV’s Rutherford Cabernets made by the renowned winemaker Andre Tchelistcheff. These wines achieved wide acclaim in the 1960s and 70s, establishing BV’s pre-eminence in the making of fine Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
Purchased by Beckstoffer Vineyards in 1988, the vineyard has since been replanted using new Cabernet Sauvignon clones with tighter spacing and advanced trellising systems, enhancing both quality and grape tonnage. In 2009, 181 acres were placed under a land conservation easement that forever prohibits non-agricultural development. Today, Vineyard Georges III is home to the main offices of Beckstoffer Vineyards.